2012年5月12日星期六

My Fall Closet Part II

WhatIWore: I’m refining my print story for fall, utilizing some of my favorites from years past and updating with both vintage and current finds. While I am absolutely going to be wearing brights for fall, my print color palette is much warmer. What prints are you into this fall?

So Seventies

Left and Right - I found these prints (left is a blouse/skirt combo, right is a dress) at the same thrift store but on different racks.  The both have the same label and the fabric itself is the same, so I assume they came from one collection sometime back in the late 1970s or even early 1980s and were dropped off by the same woman.  I love these prints because they very much remind me of the Fall 2011 Marc by Marc Jacobs collection.

Cat Scan

Left - This cat print is from last winter, but my fascination with quirky animal prints in adult silhouettes continues.  Right - I will always and forever love my leopard/cheetah prints.  This season I’ll bring back my favorite leopard skirt along with a new fedora, belt and pumps. 

Working Woman

Left - Mustard yellow isn’t the easiest shade for me to pull off, but I think this beautiful blouse will pair well with a navy cardigan or blazer.  Right - I’m a bit polka dot crazed right now -  this is one of two polka tops I picked up while in Chicago. I’m also planning on tracking down or making a polka dot skirt and picking up a pair of tights.

Desert Plains

Left - I’m crazy for all things Western, especially prints and patterns with a Native American feeling.  I’ve had this vintage 1970s sweater for 3 or so years and I plan to rock it again this season.  Right - Another piece from last season’s closet, I’ll work in this Megan Neilsen dress with shades of navy and cognac.

没有评论:

发表评论