2012年5月10日星期四

Obsession Abbott's Lobster in the Rough

When I think of the summertime I think of New England. Growing up my family spent a lot of time on Cape Cod and in Eastern Connecticut, close to Mystic / New London where my mother grew up. I have fond memories of those times, the music, the sun,official soccer jerseys, the smells and the food. Especially the lobster. Without a doubt my all time favorite lobster place is Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough in Noank, CT. The picturesque little shack of a restaurant sits in the most beautiful little corner of New England, facing a quaint harbor of wooden sail boats. The whole thing just makes me want to buy up some land and start painting pictures.

Lobster_05

Lobster_11

Instead what I end up doing is getting off I-95 anytime I’m near Noank and stopping by Abbott’s for a lobster roll. I generally tend to avoid the lobster roll (the lazy man’s lobster dinner), unless I’m in sight of an ocean and Manhattan’s ocean doesn’t count. The roll at Abbott’s is simple (no mayonnaise or celery are involved which delivers a delicious roll where you can really savor the lobster), served on a perfectly toasted round-bun with cole slaw and a side of drawn butter thrown in for good measure. If there is any doubt about a roll sans mayo rest assured, the butter really does good-work and keeps the needle on tasty. If you do make it out to my pick for the world’s best lobster roll, expect a bit of a wait and the restaurant doesn’t take reservations (which I prefer anyway; planning sucks), but the line moves quick. If you are a true professional you will know to bring your beer and wine in a cooler as they don’t serve booze at Abbott’s and a man feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds with his lobster roll.

Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough // 117 Pearl Street Noank, Conn.  // 860-536-7719

没有评论:

发表评论