2012年8月23日星期四

Will NARS Cayenne Spice Up Your Summer Makeup Look-

Will NARS Cayenne Spice Up Your Summer Makeup Look?

Advertisement



Ya know, I can’t handle spicy hot food. A little chili pepper — no problem, but no can do if my tongue’s sweating bullets. El Hub, on the other hand, can drink hot sauce from the bottle! And if he’s not gripping the side of the table, rocking back and forth after each bite, he’s just not happy.

Now, as for me and spicy makeup? I’m there! :)

This summer NARS attempts to bring the heat with their new Cayenne Cream Shadow ($22), a rich, creamy brown from the NARS Summer 2010 collection.

When I held the wee compact in my hand, visions of layered bronze and gold shadows danced in my head. NARS rarely lets me down, so I looked forward to adding this cutie to my summer makeup stash.

Hot stuff!

Immediately, I can tell that creamy Cayenne wants to BRING IT. After prepping my eyes with Urban Decay Eden base, I alternate between a brush and fingers to apply it to my lid and crease (the texture feels similar to a MAC Paint Pot). Mostly matte with a hint of glossy shine, it blends seamlessly and layers without streaking; the finish just looks fantastic.


Wearing NARS Cayenne on the lid and crease

Then, an unexpected surprise…

Where’d ya go?

Within 10 minutes, the color had already begun to disappear. :( I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that would be the extent of it, but by two hours, barely a whisper of color remained, and that which did was chilling out in my fine lines (so unattractive…).


Swatches from left: Cayenne Cream Shadow, Coup de Coueur gloss, Versailles polish (all from the NARS summer 2010 collection)

If the color disappears this quickly when it’s still cool outside, I can’t imagine how it’ll handle triple digits in the summer (when I’m sweating like a mo’ fo’).

I’m always looking for an excuse to feed my NARS addiction, and while Cayenne’s color brings the heat, its lack of staying power leaves me kinda cold. :( Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: C+

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Before you jet, beauty lover, check out the home page for more makeup reviews. :)

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论