2012年8月23日星期四

She Bangs, with the Conair Velvet Touch Medium Nylon Round Brush

She Bangs, with the Conair Velvet Touch Medium Nylon Round Brush

Advertisement



Greetings from Novato! Sorry I’ve been MIA today, holmes. My flight was delayed out of sunny San Diego, so I spent the better part of this afternoon sitting at my departure gate while a non-stop serenade of saxophone-heavy airport muzak did its best to drive me insane.

Too late! :) Needless to say, after three hours of relentless Kenny G., I was a tad grumpy, but I feel a million times better now that I’m back home with Tabs.

Shoot, I think he was even happy to see me…or maybe he just thinks he’s gonna get gravy tonight (he is).

Oh, and guess what? Lloyd Christmas and I are finally starting to get along, in part because of the new Conair Velvet Touch Medium Nylon Round Brush ($6).

It’s a barrel brush with nylon bristles designed for short to medium length hair, and I picked it up at Target last week before leaving for San Diego. With a blowdryer, it can be used to create soft curls and waves, or to smooth and straighten, which is how I’ve been using it on Lloyd Christmas.

Dang thing dries my bangs in no time flat! All I do is apply a few drops of Orofluido to them first, and then use the brush and my dryer to blow them straight. The bristles hold and spread the hair, exposing more of it to the heated air from the dryer, and I guess the vents in the barrel allow the warm air to get where it needs to go. The soft rubbery handle also helps me keep a good grip on the brush when my hands are wet.

Weirdly, I think the label should read, “Designed to accelerate drying time for bangs,” because that’s how it works best, at least for me. On the rest of my thick, wavy hair, however, it’s just okay. A little tricky to use because the bristles struggle to hold on to large chunks of hair, but I bet it would handle fine hair much better.

All in all, I think it’s a good brush for the price, especially if you’re looking for something specifically to dry, smooth and straighten bangs.

PRICE: $6
AVAILABILITY: Available at drugstores (it’s a little hard to find online, but here’s a similar model)
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+

Anywho, enough about bangs (for today). How was your Monday?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论