2012年9月10日星期一

I Could Kiss Benefit for Bringing the Ultra Shines

I Could Kiss Benefit for Bringing the Ultra Shines Lip Shine Glosses into the World

Advertisement



Remember when Benefit discontinued their line of OG glosses last year? Man, that made me grumpy… Creamy purple Kiss Me was a staple o’ mine for years (I always wore it on first dates,MAC Cosmetics Face of the Day- Hot Pink and Silver, heh!). The shade, pigment and non-sticky texture made it the stuff of lipgloss legend, and I’ve been mourning the loss ever since.

But Benefit didn’t leave us hanging for long. They promptly replaced the OG line with a new collection of super sheer glosses that I thought were a’ight, but they didn’t really make my heart flutter in that “I NEEDS IT!!” kinda way.



I was down to the last dregs of my last tube of Kiss Me earlier this month (all set to pour a 40 in my front yard in memoriam) when Benefit introduced the new Ultra Shines Lip Shines, and all I gotta say is, “OH, YEAH, b*tchezzz!”

Benefit glosses are BACK in the building. :)

Benefit Ultra Shines Lip Shines

The B-babes pumped up the pigment of these five ultra shiny shades, making them as richly colored as the old school glosses (if not more), and one of them even resembles Kiss Me,coach factory online sale,Cheap NFL Jerseys, yay,Cheap Jerseys!


Swatches from left (for reference, I’m an NC35): Spiked Punch, Back to the Fuchsia, Wild Child (aka the Kiss Me dupe!)

Smooooove…

Just a wonderful texture. All three of the colors I’ve tried (creamy coral Spiked Punch, shimmery Back to the Fuchsia and light violet Wild Child) feel like a slinky silk cami against my lips. I’d describe it as a slightly thicker texture than the MAC Cremesheen glosses, one that may help to improve their wear time, which I clock at about four hours. Even adorably named Back to the Fuchsia, loaded with glitter, still feels creamy.


Wearing Wild Child… uh, I have NO IDEA what the hell’s going on with my hair

Thirsty?

If your pucker likes moisture, then the Ultra Shines are up to the task. I wore them all weekend long and didn’t feel the need to touch a tube of lip balm at all.


Back to the Fuchsia!

Smell that?

Benefit likes to perk up their glosses with fragrance, and these have a short-lived (about three minutes to fade) fruity vanilla scent that reminds me of raspberry Creamsicle. I like it,Cheap Coach Purses, but my sensitive nose wouldn’t mind if they toned it down a tad. For what it’s worth, at least they’re unflavored, so it’s not a strong one-two punch.


Spiked Punch (pic from the NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush review)

On balance I think Benefit did an *awesome* job with these new glosses. :) They might be a little pricey at $18, but that gets you a generously pigmented, easy-to-wear gloss with a silky smooth texture to boot. Look for them on Benefit counters beginning next month. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A

You might like the Benefit Ultra Shines Lip Shine Glosses if
  • …you love a shiny, mirror-like finish
  • …you like pigmented glosses
  • …you prefer brush applicators
  • …you want something that doesn’t feel sticky
  • …you don’t mind a strong scent
Memories

Thinking about Kiss Me gloss got me thinking about first dates and makeup and holy shizz! — I just realized I haven’t been on a first date in eight years! Wow,cheap louis vuitton,Skin Care on the Cheap- 5 Tips (and a Giveaway!), but I can still remember the makeup I was wearing on my first date with El Hub. :)

Do you have a set look that you like to wear on first dates? OOH! And if you’re already attached, can you remember what you were wearing the first time you and your boo went out?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论